Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What What Wednesday - Valentine #6 - I Adore You Card

Welcome to another wonderful Wednesday guys. 
I hope your week has gone well thus far? We have had some really nice warm weather the last two days. I want to jump right in to today's card. I have been wanting to use this image for sometime not and thought why not today. 

This is a digital image from The Greeting Farm called Anya Valentine. Aren't they just the cutest? I decided to use my Prismacolor Color Pencil and Gamsal to color them in. I used Peach (PC939) for their skin and a bit of Crimson Red (PC924) on her cheeks. Once that was blended I decided I wanted them to match a bit so I used True Blue (PC903) on both their shirts and Carribean Sea (PC1103) for her skirt which I faded out to white and his pants for a denim look. I wanted him to have a black jacket but not new black so I used 90% Warm Gray (PC1050) which i think give it a nice weathered look. I also used that same color for both their shoes. I used Sand (PC940) for her hair and Chocolate (PC1082) for his giving him a nice dirty blonde like color. For her hair bow and the heart I used Crimson Red. Once everything was colored I used the scan n cut machine to cut them out with a 0.08 inch border.

I took a piece of scrap blue cardstock and trimmed it to size and gave it a flag end. I then stamped out the sentiment from Amy R's Adore You sentiments with Memento Love Bug Ink.

I attached my front panel it to my pattern paper from Doodlebugs 6x6 Sweetheart paper pad. I add some red ribbon form my stash and tied a bow.

I add a few Doodlebug Love Sprinkles in the corner to fill in the empty space a bit. I dint want to take away from the paper or my image. I then glued down my image.

 Before attaching the front panel I wanted to finish off the inside. I used this sentiment from the same stamp set and stamped it using Versafine Black ink. I then trimmed down a strip of the same paper I used for the front and placed it on the bottom. Once that was dry I then attached the panel to my card base using some Tombow glue. That finished off my card for today.

Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you all have a wonderful day. 

Happy Crafting



Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment