Monday, February 8, 2016

Cut It Out Monday - Valentine #5 - King of Hearts Card

Good Monday all.
How was your weekend? Did you watch the Super Bowl? I really only watched the half time show, I am not much for Football and none of our teams made it. So while hubby was watching it I was crafting. I started on today's card and has going to film it and thought that this one would be just assembling the card. Which was a good thing it took me the entire football game (except when I took a brake to watch the half time show) to cut this out. I had such a problem getting his face cut out right. I don't know if it was the paper, the level I had it set to cut at or just his face but it took several attempts to cut out. This card turned out great even though I had to walk away and come back to it.

I saw on pinterest some time ago a card or scrapbook layout where they used the Queen of Hearts. This is when I thought she would make a great Valentine's Day card. so as I was trying to decide on the image to use I saw the King and thought I would make him the prominent image on my card. No one really uses the King. He measures out to be 2.5 x 3.7. Like i said before I had a hard time getting his face to cut out but once I was able to get it cut out of white cardstock I used my E11 copic marker to color it in. I used Tombow to glue everything in place starting with the larger pieces first. 

For the front panel I just cut out a square of red cardstock to 5.2 x 4 and used Simple Celebrations for the font. I glued the King to the panel then taped the panel on to my A2 top folding card base.

For the inside I used the same size panel and used Thoughts & Phrases - Brush Script font for this. I moved the letter closer together so they became attached. I then used the print and cut feature to cut out the Queen to complete the inside sentiment "queen" Of Hearts. Then just attached her to the panel and the glued that to the inside of the card.

I really to love how this card turned out. I think its just a fun card and a little different. This not only had me using some new fonts and the print n cut feature but it also has me cutting out characters that i might not always thing to cut out and use.

Thanks so much for joining me and I hope you all have a great day.

Happy Crafting 

No comments:

Post a Comment