Monday, February 22, 2016

Cut It Out Monday - Happy Belated Birthday Card

    Welcome back to another Monday. Did you have a good weekend? Mine was great. Hubby and I had a date night and went to see Deadpool on Friday. Saturday I stepped out of my comfort zone and got my hair colored purple. I did an ombre affect with it (well the hair stylist did my hair) and I just love it. Then Sunday we just had a lazy day. Kids made fort and stayed in their jammies all day (that does not happen often), hubby had to go into work for a bit and I just did a little crafting and laundry. 

    Anyways onto today's project, I was playing around on the Cricut Design Space app looking at all my cartridges and their images when I came across Dory. I thought that would be a great image to put together but for what. So with that in the back of my mind I continued to look. Then I thought she would make a great birthday card or even better a great belated birthday card. So that's what I came up with. I can't tell you how great this card is.
    Let's talk about Dory for a minute before getting to the rest of the card. I used a lot of scraps to cut her out. She is just over 2.5 inches wide by almost 3 inches tall. I used tombow mono multi to put her together, which is one of my favorite glues to use for something like this because of the wiggle room. I also cut out some waves using the same colors for just a little something and now it looks like she is jumping out of the water.

    As I was cutting out Dory and the waves I went looking to see if I had a fishy belated birthday type sentiment and I found the "Just Keep Swimming..." stamp from AmyR's Underwater Sentiments and knew that this card was meant to happen. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig so I could position straight and just where I wanted. I used Versafine Onyx Black Ink and stamped it twice. I had thought more about it I would have added a few music notes. I then glued down the waves at the bottom and trimmed off the over hang and the attached Dory. I glued down the panel to my dark blue card base which is a side fold A2 size card. 

For the inside of my card I had cut out another Dory and waves. I had add the writing to the white panel using the Cricut. I used Cake Base Font and a black pen. I again used my tombow to attach everything to the card stock and then to my card base. 

I just love this card I even shared it with my husband and he thought it was a fun idea for a card. Not only did it come together nicely but it also turned out really cute. This has made me thing of so many more fun card ideas for the many Disney/Pixar characters and all the other images that Cricut has. 

Thank you guys so much for joining me and I hope you all have a great rest of your day and a wonderful week.

Happy Crafting



Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment