Friday, February 12, 2016

To Die For Friday - Valentine #7 - Milk Carton Treat Box

Hello Friday and the 3 day weekend.
How was your week? Do you have big plans for the 3 day weekend? Are you getting a 3 day weekend? I am looking forward to having 2 days of doing nothing and getting the chance to sleep in a bit. We are thinking of going to the movies but my parents are thinking of coming for a visit to so not sure what is going to happen but still looking forward to the weekend.
Anyways on to today's project. This is the 7th Valentine in my mini series as well as the last one. This project was a hand full I seemed to have had a hard time getting things to go right. But it turned out really cute and I am very happy with the end product.

I used Lawn Fawn's Sweet Smiles stamp set and stamped out the gumball machine along with one extra gumball. I also used some of the faces and stamped everything with Memento Black Ink. I then used my copic markers to color the image in. I used RV17 and RV19  to color in the base and top of the gumball machine and C1 and C2 for the rest. I used a little Silver Wink of Stella for the turn handle. For the gumballs I used R14, R17, RV13, RV14, V15 and V17. I then used the matching dies and cut everything out.

I used the Milk Carton die from Lawn Fawn. I cut that out twice and made this cute little carton. I used some score tape to hold the sides together. I used the sentiment stamp from the Sweet Smiles and stamped that in Memento ink. I also created a window (you don't see it in any of the pictures) but I did take into consideration where I out the window and where the carton gets put together. So I changed where I was planning on placing the machine and just covered the window with it. I used some glossy accents to glue it to hold it in place over the acetate.

I filled the carton with some gumballs that I found a Target. You can used individual wrapped gumballs or add them into a bag, I didn't do that since I was not going to be eating them. You can also add anything small in here and would be a great way to give a little treat. 

Thank you guys for going me and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Crafting


Supplies




No comments:

Post a Comment