Friday, February 19, 2016

To Die for Friday - Oval Birthday Card

Happy Friday all. I first want to start off with a big WOW this will make my 100th blog post. I cant believe I have made that many post. Anyways on to the post and card at hand. My youngest has a birthday party to go to today and I thought it would be fun to make her a card to give to her friend (that and we wont have time to get her a card). This turned out so cute I may just make another one to keep for myself lol. 


I started out with a white card base and used the largest Stitched Oval Die from Lawn Fawn to make a shape card. I just off set at the top to keep the fold and then I ran that through my Grand Calibur. I used some pattern paper from My Sweet Matpack for the background. A fun note I had colored the images in the night before and did not know that I was going to pick so it was nice to find this that had most of the colors I used in it. I just used my ATG to stick that in place.


The hippo, birdie, balloon, and hat are from Lawn Fawn Year Four. I stamped them on some copic quality paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For the Hippo I used N0, N2, and N3, for the bird i used Y02, Y04 and a little YR04 for the beak. For the balloon I used RV02 and RV04 I then used a little clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and some glossy accents. For the hat I used BG02 and BG05 and also added a bit of clear Wink of Stella. I add a little of that to their eyes as well. Once everything was dry I used the matching dies and cut them out.


For the focal panel I used some paper I had sitting at my desk. I had been playing with the Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink and water colored the paper. I used the third largest oval to die cut that out. I used a lot of foam tape to hold it in place and stuck it down.  I then cut a scrap of green card with the same oval die and then used one of the Stitched Hillside Border die. I took the sentiment for the same stamp set and used Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I used my ATG to tape that in place. I used a little Tombow for the hippo and glued him down with his back legs behind the hill so it looks like he is coming over the hill or running down it. I used Tombow to glue down the bird and the hat. I used a small foam circle behind the balloon so it can look like it is floating off the panel.
I left the inside blank so she can write what ever she wanted to her friend. She has not seen it yet but I hoping she likes it.

Thank you all so much for joining me and I hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. Wow still can't believe this is my 100th post.

Happy Crafting


Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment