Wednesday, February 3, 2016

What What Wednesday - Valentine #3 - Distress Watercolor Stinkin Cute Card

Today is Wednesday and you know what that means. We are half way through the week with only two more days til the weekend and is time for another What What Wednesday post. I was sitting in my room thinking about what I wanted to make knowing it would be a card. And as I looked around I thought to myself "when was the last time I used my Distress Markers?". I could not come up with an answer so I figured it had been a year or more. So I thought about water coloring and I know what stamp set I wanted to use. Since it had been so long I know a simple image was jsut the thing and I have been wanting to color the little skunk from Lawn Fawn's Stinkin' Cute stamp set since I got it.
I used some watercolor paper I had on hand and stamped out the skunk and the hearts with Versafine Onyx Black ink and the added some clear embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp and heat set that with my heat tool. Once that what cooled off I took my Black Soot Distress Marker and the Picket Fence (white) and put them on an acrylic block. I used a small paint brush and mixed a little of the white and black together so I could have some grey with out really watering down the black. I used some of the grey for his white parts to give him a little shading. I then colored the rest of him in and added a bit more black to the mix to give him a lighter black color (the grey was to light but I didn't what black black). I used a little Spun Sugar for his ears cheek and on the hearts.

I set them aside to dry and worked on my card base. I knew I didn't was a big card and I had some of this great paper in my stash. The card size is 4 3/8 tall x 3 1/4 wide. I then just took some scrap green paper and hand cut out a hill for the little guy to sit on. I then stamped out the sentiment using versafine ink and heat embossing that. Once he was dry I used the matching dies and cut them out. This also helped to flatten him from the wet paper as well as the heat embossing. I used some tombow to glue the heart on to him so now it looks like he is holding it (so cute), I then placed the hill all my card base to see where I wanted it and then just glued it down and trimmed off the over hang. I glued the little guy down and that is the front of the card.
I didn't really know what I want to do for the inside so I just add the other two hearts I colored and cut out leaving room for a lovely note. I then used my 3/8 corner rounder to soften the card up and added some glossy accents to the heart.

I am so glad I used my Distress Markers for him. He just looks so well Stinkin' Cute. Thank you for joining my and I hope the rest of your week is a breeze.

Happy Crafting


Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment