Friday, January 29, 2016

To Die For Friday - Valentines Card #1 "I'm Bananas 4 U!" Circle Card

Welcome back to another To Die for Friday project. How was your week? Good I hope, I know mine was. But my weekend is going to be busy with hubby being gone but hopefully I can get a lot done. Kids have today and yesterday off so we did get some errands done which was nice. Now I just need to make a check list of all the things to get done this weekend. But I know your not here just to hear about my life or whats going on in it your here for today's project. 

Today's card is all about the Lawn Fawn baby. I used all Lawn Fawn products (with the exception of the inks and copic markers) and just love how it turned out.
For the front panel I used Memento Cottage Ivy ink for the Vine and Rich Cocoa for the little monkey. I then took the letters from Harold's ABC's and stamped them along with the bananas in Color Box Banana ink (this is from The Stamps Of life). All the images I used are from Critters in the Jungle stamp set by Lawn Fawn. Once everything was stamps on to some copic quality paper I then masked off the images so i could air brush the background. This was my fist time using the Copic airbrush system (I got it on clearance at Michaels a while back) and even though you can't see it in the picture very well I used BG11. I love the way it looks nice a soft, it was also a lot of fun to use. I removed the mask and got to coloring the leaves, monkey and the bananas. For the leaves I used G03, for the body of the monkey I used E27 & E29. I also used a little E27 for some shading on his face the blended that out with E23. Just add a bit of R20 to his nose, cheeks, as well as his ears. For the bananas I just used Y08. 
For the back panel I just took so light pink paper from my scraps and die cut it with the second to larges stitches die. I then took the banana and the Color Box Banana ink and did a bit of second and third generation stamping for a fun background. Once everything was dry (which didn't really take very long) I used Tombow to glue both layers together and then glued them to the card base.
For the inside I just stamped out the i <3 you and did a little selective stamping for the a bunch. I just stamps them Tuxedo Black ink then did a couple of forth generation stamping of the bananas on each side.

This was just so much fun. I love how cute this card is and that I got to try my hand at something new (and it worked out lol). I cant wait to continue using the airbrush can or my Valentines series. Thank you for joining me and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Happy Crafting



My Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment