Monday, January 11, 2016

Cut it out Monday - Balloon Bouquet Card

Welcome to another Cut it out Monday post. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was wonderful. Saturday my husband and kids made me breakfast in bed (he spelled out Happy Birthday with pancakes) then they took me to Benihana and then hubby braved Ikea so I could go look for a new chair for my craftroom (it was the only store I have not look at yet) and we even found a bed we both liked (which took care of our anniversary gift to each other). I then took my kids to go meet Rosanna Pansino on Sunday and they had a blast even with all the waiting around. Got lots of great pictures to and they got their cookbook signed (well we got a signed sticker to go inside it). I could not have asked for a better weekend well getting to the grocery store would have been great to and having hubby join us for the meet and greet.
So on to today's project. I wanted to continue with the birthday cards since i have a few more birthdays this month. In fact might just make this a year long series doing at least one card (on camera) a month. I really want to get birthday card out this year. This is a make it now card called Balloon Bouquet Card. I did have to get another balloon that was free since the one they use in the project is $0.99. This card is also a great way to use up some of your scraps. Once everything was cut out and ready to go I glued the back balloons with Tombow and used 2 different thickness of foam dots for just a small difference in height. I also used some foam strips for the Happy Birthday banner and then just add a bit of pressure to it where the foam strip was not to give it a bit more dimension. I then chose to just leave the balloons as is no strings. 

I think this is just a fun card and had a lot of fun making it. On to the next. Thanks so much for joining me and have a great Monday.
Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment