Friday, January 15, 2016

To Die For Friday - Floating Balloon Birthday Card

Happy Friday.
I am so glad this week is over. I am looking forward to the three day weekend. Our new bed shows up on Monday and we get to go buy new sheets and comforter on Saturday as will as do a much needed grocery shop. 

Anyways on to topic at hand. Today's card is the second to last birthday card for the month. I had so much fun making it. This card was also a great way to use up scraps of paper from the stash. I wanted kind of a rainbow color scheme. 
For the background I used MFT Cloud background die and cut that out with blue and on some cream colored paper for the clouds (even though they look white here its a nice contrast to the white card base) and just glued down that background then the clouds.  
Once that was done I took the smallest balloon in MFT Balloon Stacks and cut out three balloons. I glued the green one done flat and used foam dots for the red and yellow. I used some of the Lawn Fawn twine (it came with my last order so I dont know what the name of it is) for the strings on the balloons. For the back balloon I just glued it with some glossy accents. For the front two I made tiny bows and held those in place with glossy accents as well.
I then to a strip of some Purple paper (although the more i look at it and in this picture the more it looks like blue so we will call it Purblue) and heat embossed (when I started I thought it was white) the Happy Birthday sentiment from SSS Birthday Messages. I then used some glossy accents to hold the stings in place and some foam tape behind the sentiment leaving a small gap for the string. 
Well that's it. Only one birthday card left in this month and then its on to Valentines projects. I have some many things going through my head for those. Thank you for joining me and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Crafting



 

No comments:

Post a Comment