Friday, January 8, 2016

To Die For Friday - Birthday Balloon Shape Shaker Card

Happy Friday 
How was your first full week of the new year? For me it was fine but the weekend is what I am really looking forward to. Saturday is my birthday the big 34. Husband has big plans and it is kinda of nice not know what is going to be happening. Then on Sunday I am taking the girls to go get their Nerdy Nummies cookbook signed by Rosanna Pansino (she has a channel on Youtube just click on here) they are so very excited to get to go meet her and so am I. So like i said week was fine but the weekend is going to be awesome. 
For today's card I thought since it was my birthday this weekend I would make a fun Birthday card. I wanted to not only make a shape card but I also wanted to make a shaker card too. So why not put the two together which is why I made a Birthday Balloon Shape Shaker Card. 

I used the balloon dies and the Happy Birthday die from Simon Says Stamp. I took some Doodlebug pattern paper from their 6x6 paper pad Sugar Shoppe. I took the two biggest dies from the balloon dies and die cut those out. I picked the cupcake pattern for the top and the confetti side for the background this was it gives more to the shaker and uses the extra pattern. I also die cut out the biggest balloon from acetate for the window then just trimmed it down so there would be no over hang just in case. I used score tape to hold that in place. I then took some foam stripes that I had (i think they are from Michaels) and lined it up along the inside. I put the inside pattern balloon down with score tape and then added my shaker bits. I used some sequence from Doodlebug (I think that where they are from I have had them a long time). I also added a few heart shape jewels in there as well. Removed the backing from the foam and lined everything up. I left it with just a white back that you can then add what ever you want to the back. I used so white scrap paper and colored it with my Florescence Dull Violet copic marker and then die but out the happy birthday. I just glued it down with a little tombow. 

I think this card is so cute. There are a lot of birthdays this month and this is going to be one of the card I send out. Thanks so much for joining me and have a great weekend. I will see you back here Monday with a new Cut It Out Monday video.

Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment