Friday, October 16, 2015

To Die for Friday - Watch What You Eat Pillow Boxes

Happy Friday everyone. Do you have any big plans for the weekend? We have a birthday party Saturday and some shopping to do on Sunday. Hoping to get some things done in the craft room as well. 

Let get into today's project. These are so cute and great size the the little ones. 
 
This is the Pillow Box Die from Lawn Fawn. I used an 8.5x11 orange piece of card stock from my stash and I got two pillow boxes out of that. Once I had that boxes cut out I used the Spellbinder Pumpkin stacks die to cut out the window. I got a piece of acetate and cut it to fit inside all the folds and used some red line tape to hold it in place. I used the same tape on the flap so I could put my box together. Once everything was together I took a loot bag, that I got at the dollar store, to hold my mini candy corns. I used my bone folder to help get the bag inside and pushed into the corners better. I then just filled it up with candy. Once i had the desired amount in just pushed in the remainder of the bag and closed up the other side. I then shook it so the candy would even out.
For this one I added a small pumpkin tag to the center of the window. I used a small size in the pumpkin die set and cut it out of the pumpkin scrap that was left from making the window. This not only saved paper (and using up scraps) but i also help me to see what size pumpkin to use. I then just was the Happy Halloween stamp fro Hats Off To You by Lawn Fawn and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then used the same tape and stuck it in place. 
I think these would be great idea for handing out things at a party or if you have just a few trick or treaters and you don't want to buy a ton of candy. You can use this die for gift cards as well.
Thanks so much for joining me. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will see you on Monday for our Cut It Out Monday project.
Happy Crafting





Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment