Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Inspirational Wednesday-Pinterest Inspired Candy Corn Shaker

Welcome to the first blog post for Inspirational Wednesday. 
Today project was inspired by a card that I saw on Pinterest over the weekend. I thought it was cute and I thought to myself that this would make a great shaker card. So that is just what I did. Here is a picture of that card with an attached link.

I did change up the color and size of my card. I used some Bazzill card stock for the front and used the medium size candy corn spellbinders die to make the windows. I then took so acetate for the window and just cut that down to fit just bigger the the die cut opening. I then took my Scotch 3M foam tape (which I got at office depot) and did a double layer so everything would shake around nicely. Once all that was done i used my powered tool to make the edge of that tape not sticky. I used some of the candies from Lawn Fawn stamp set Spooktacular. I then just did a quick wash of color with my copics (Y19,YR68,C0) and die cut them out. I added Doodlebug sequence in the matching colors (looking at it now it could use more sequence lol). I closed it up using candy corn pattern paper from last years Doodlebug 6x6 paper pad Ghouls & Goodies. With a bit more foam tape I stuck the purple paper on to a white card base that measures 4.25x4.25. I used one of the sentiments from the stamp set and stamped it with Versafine ink.

I not only love the way it turned out (I could have done a few more things but maybe that will happen in a Throw Back Thursday with a twist Video) and its size. I think this is a great card to make for someone that just needs a little candy and fun.

Thanks for joining me and I hope you all have a Inspiring Wednesday.
Happy Crafting



A little inspiration for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment