Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Inspirational Wednesday - Inspired by a 6 year old Halloween Card

Happy Wednesday
I want to just jump right into today's card. Monday night after the kids Jiu Jitsu class I brought my youngest home (the older one got to stay and watch the adults). After her shower and snack she asked if she could help make a card. So I let her pick out somethings out. So today's card was inspired by her.

She picked out this cute witch. It's a digital image from The Greeting Farm called Halloween Witch. Once we got the size right (she was so excited to know that she get to color the other images) she then picked out the colors, well the color palette, I picked the shades of colors in those palettes. But she pick what colors went where.
 She asked that the band on the witches with the greens. I used G09 & G07. She wanted the pumpkin to be orange so I used YR04 & YR07 with a little E29 for the stem. Her last pick was the broom and she wanted it a bright red but we compromised on a bit darker of a red, I used R37 & R39. I used N6 & N8 for her hat and shoes (although I wish I had used N10 & N8 instead) and for her dress I used V4 & V6. I used E27 & E29 for her hair and for her skin I used E50 & E53. I then took my 0.1 multi liner and darken her eyes, eyelashes and eyebrow (ever girls needs a little makeup right lol).
My youngest also picked out the pattern paper too, this paper is from We R Memory Keepers 6x6 Halloween paper pad. I cut it down to just under 4.25 x 5.5. The card base is from so Bazzail card stock called Lilac Sugar (cut to 4.25x5.5) I then just used some paper from my scraps and used Spellbinder Standard Circles (a mix of the small and large size) to cut out the circles. I then took the Trick or Treat sentiment from the Trick or Treat stamp set by Lawn Fawn. Stamped that on to the yellowy-orange circle and stuck that down with so foam dots at a slight angel. I took my ATG gun and glued down the green one flat. I use two layers of foam dots for the witch and placed her just off center on the green.
For the inside I just used some of the remaining paper and just trimmed off a bit so the card would fold flat. Leaving plenty of room to write a message.


I love having my kids get involved with some of my project and then seeing the look on their face when it is finished. Thanks so much for joining me and we will see you next time.

Happy Crafting





Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment