Friday, October 23, 2015

To Die For Friday - Happy Anniversary Card

Happy Friday guys.
Do you have big plans for this weekend? Saturday we have a party to go to and I am hoping to get my craft room clean and work on the Christmas cards for my neighbor. On Sunday we will be celebrating my 12th year of marriage. We will be doing it family style. Normally we off load the kids with a friend for the whole night and go for dinner & a movie but this year, since hubby is on call and our anniversary is on a Sunday, we decided to go to Benihana's for dinner. This brings us to today's project an anniversary card for the hubs.

I used Spellbinders Grand Labels One for the card base. I just scored about 1/2" from the top to make a fold line. I used red line tape to hold the two pieces of card stock together making this a top folding card. All the card stock is scraps from my stash. I used Spellbinders Classic Heart for the front. I took a stamp from Simon Say Stamp Inside & Out Sayings for the sentiments. Stamps this with Versafine black.
For the inside I started with the coordinating stamp for the Inside & Out sayings. Then used this Happy Anniversary stamps for Simon Say Stamp Happy stamp set. I used the same ink.
My husband is learning Japanese for his job (it was his choice to learn this) so I thought it would be fun to try my hand at writing the characters. He can write and read Japanese a little but his speaking is better. I this picture I am showing you the card with the writing on it and a screen shot of what i wrote. This says "I love you" and let me tell you writing those characters is harder then i thought it would be. I am so proud of him.

Thanks for joining me. 
Happy Crafting




Supplies



No comments:

Post a Comment