Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Inspirational Wednesday - Gift Card Holder

Happy "Back to the Future Day". 
Welcome to another Inspirational Wednesday post. I hope everyone's week is going well. I think i has improved I don't feel so brain fried today. I am looking forward to the weekend and getting my craft room rearranged as well as getting my stamps set up in my new system. Not to mention that Sunday is my anniversary which I did kinda forget about but I get one right. 

Any who on to today's project. I got in a pocket letter swap over the summer this cute stamped out image and thought this you look really cute on a card to go into a home spa type basket. This is then when I remembered I have a stamp set from the Greeting Farm called Me Time Anya (which is on sale right now on the site just click on the name for the link) and even though the images with that stamp set are to big got today's project I know that the sentiments would fit beautifully. After that everything just fell into place. Here is the image that started the whole thing. 

 I had two of these images so I made two different card holders. and I think they are just so stinkin cute. Here is a look at both. 

I used the same copic colors I just changed where I used them on the images.
For this one I used C0, C2,C3 for the tub with a little colorless blender to make it look a bit lighter around the candles. I used V17,V22,V20 for the candle base and FYR1 and FY1 for the flame. For the bubbles I used a little B000 to give them a little color but still give them a translucent look as well. For her hair I used E31 & E34 and her skin was E30 & E31. I took B00 for the top part of her cap and the filled in the flowers and band with B02. Y19 for the ducks body and a touch of FYR1 for the beak. I took some clear wink of stella and used just a touch on her eyes and the bubbles. Then i used glossy accents on those as well as the flames.  I then stamped the sentiment on the front with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
 For the insert I cut a piece of scrap white card stock to 3" wide by about 5 1/4" (I really just eye balled it). I used some of that scrap to make the pocket measuring to be 3" wide by 1.5" tall. I use some strong tape to hold it in place putting the tape as close to the edge as possible to have plenty of room for the card to slide in.
  I use the same ink for the inside images as the front. I then just took the B00 and B02 to give the flower a two tone look and colored the center in with a little Y00. This card is just what I happen to have on hand to so you the finished look.
This one I just used the purples for the cap and the blues for the candle. 

This is just such a cute gift card holder or it could hold some money too. I love when I not only come up with something simple but when it makes me think of other stamps I might have that I have not used. Thank you for joining me. I hope you get Inspired today too.
Happy Crafting







Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment