Friday, September 30, 2016

To die for Friday - Birthday Shaker Shaped Card

     Good Morning to you on this beautiful Friday. I hope you guys have some fun plans for the weekend. I don't have anything  going on really, Hubby has the UFC thing to go to on Saturday and if the weather is nice me and the kids will be doing some yard work. I also plan to do a little crafting but other then those things not a big busy weekend for us. My oldest birthday is coming up next week (she is turning 12) and I wanted to make her a fun card. So that's what this card is all about.

     I used all Lawn Fawn dies for this card. I used the largest circles from both the Stitched Circles and Stitched Circles Frames. I use the Stitched Circle to die cut my card base. This was a tough job only because I use 110 lbs cardstock for my base. It took a bit to get it to cut (I ran it through my machine a few times to make sure it cut all the way through) but it was worth it. It left a faint stitched impression on the inside of the card (I forgot to take a picture of it and I have already written inside the card). I then too the same die and cut out the background pattern paper which is from Doodlebugs 6x6 Sugar Shoppe paper pad. The Stitched Frames and the Happy Birthday sentiment is also cut from 110 lbs cardstock. For the sentiment I used my B06 copic marker to color it. I like the way it looks but now that I am looking at it in the picture I think white would have worked too. 
     I used the stitched circle die to also cut out a piece of transparency for the window and glued that onto the back the the frame. I use two layers of foam tape so I could really fill this with lots of these pretty confetti bits. They are Hearts and Stars in different colors I just cant remember where I got them. Once I had the amount I wanted in the center of the pattern paper I placed the frame onto and sealed it all up. 


     I then used my ATG tape runner to adhere the shaker to the card base. I really like who this turned out and I know my daughter will love it. Thank you all so much for going me and I will see you back here for the first Halloween project for the year. 

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment