Monday, October 3, 2016

Cut it out Monday - Halloween Project #1 - Spider Lantern

     It's Monday and that means the start of a new week and the first (full) week of a new month. It also means another cut it out Monday project. But first how was your weekend? I hope you got everything done this weekend that you wanted to get done. I didn't have much because I knew hubby would be working on Sunday and he went to the UFC fights in Portland, so just a semi-laid back weekend for me. I have planned to do 13 Halloween themed project this month but I wont be getting that many done (details to come later) I might try and fit more then one into a video but we will have to see. Let get started with Halloween Project #1.
 
     I wanted something that could easily be done but didn't look like it was thrown together last minute. I have found as I get older I still love watching scary movies, especially anything about something being haunted (some I have a hard time watching even in daylight by myself) but I hate someone seeking up on me (like my youngest who I think is part ninja). The first scary movie I remember watching was with my dad and it was Arachnophobia (we are both hate spiders) and that one seemed to scare me more then anything this probably because they are a size I would expect to see in real life but it does not seem to stop me from watching it. Whats your scariest movie you have ever seen weather you still watch it or not? So when I saw this in the Make It Now section of Cricut Design Space I knew I had to make it for my craft room (again I am very strange lol). It is super simple and it looks great all lit up. I did use some vellum and my copic marker FYR1 Fluorescent Orange so it would have more of the orange glow. 

     Here it is not lit up and you can hardly tell that the vellum was colored. I really love the way it looks in my space and now I just need to go find some battery operated tea lights to put inside it (so I don't set fire to this or my house lol). 

     Thanks all for joining me. I hope you all have a great rest of your day and I'll see you back here for another spooky fun Halloween project. 

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment