Friday, September 16, 2016

To die for Friday - Narwhal and Friends

Happy Friday!

     So any big plans for your weekend? Nothing big going on here just going to be doing some yard work before the weather gets to cold. I has been really nice this last week so I figured we should get some done to make things easier next year to get our yard looking good. I do hope you had a good week as well. 

     For today's die cut project I thought it would be fun to take a look at the new Narwhal and Friends die from Lawn Fawn. Its so cute and there are so many ways to use it. I had a lot of fun playing around with it. I cut everything out and then I keep every piece that came out of the dies to see just how far i can take this die. Here is a look at them all.

     Aren't they just the cutest little creatures ever, my kids wanted to play with them. I think these would be fun to have kids put together. 

     This one I just used two different shades of blue cardstock as well as some black for his face.

     Here I thought it would be fun to give him a little shadow. So I took the solid die cut and cut that out in black and then just off set it a little so it would have a small shadow. I cut him out of a pale purple color.
     This little guy I turned in to the narwhal. I wanted him to be white but have just a little color to him so I used first took the solid die cut piece in black and glued that in place and took the eyes that get cut out of the purple whale and just glued those inside but left his mouth black. Then I took the cheeks in purple along with the tummy and glued those in place. I thought about having a purple horn but then I thought how cute would it be if he had a to-tone horn. So i just cut along the score line so I knew it would fit and glued it in place. 
     For this one I wanted to turn him into a seal. I just took the solid black piece I then glued on the white snout and tummy. I thought it would be fun to see what he would look like with googly eyes too. I then add the hat to finish him off. 
     For this seal I gave him blue eyes a black tummy and use the piece that gets cut out of the snout to his face. Now while I was playing around with these little guys I had a thought.
     This could be used as a ghost. So that's what I did. I trimmed off on of the fins and then just stuck him to the blue card stock here just to see how it would look. I think he makes a very cute ghost and would be great for popping out of a house or something like that.

     I told you there are just so many fun ways you can use this die set. I hope you have as much fun with it as I did. Now enjoy your weekend and I'll see you back here for another project.

Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment