Friday, September 23, 2016

To die for Friday - Graduation Inspired Card

Welcome to another To die for Friday post. 
     I hope you have a good week or at least better then mine. I am so looking forward to this week being over its just has not been fun. I learned the hard way why you don't send clear stamp through your die cutting machine. Lesson learned and I will be keeping a better eye on my stamps that's for sure.

     Anyways lets get to today's card. I had planed to use the idea can to get the theme for this card since I had a stack of dies I want to use but could not decide which one or how. But once I had filmed me pulling the theme out I realized I for got to record so i put it back and turned on the camera and managed to pick the same theme. I then stopped the recording so I could get things ready to make the video and not sure what happened but the footage was not there when I went to check it. So I just filmed the card video and did not try to rerecord picking a theme since I liked the idea I had going through my mind. The theme was Graduation and that what I went with although you could use this for just about anything. 
     I used a lot of different dies for this card all Lawn Fawn. This is a kind of one layer card, everything was cut out of the gray background except for the star. I wanted that to look like it is shooting off the card. This is 110 lbs cardstock card base cut to 4.5x9 to make a top folding 4.5x4.5 square card and I went with a black white and gray color scheme with just a little pop of color. The dies I used was Lawn Fawn's Shooting Star, Simple Puffy Clouds, Stitched Square Frames and the stamps are from Lucky Stars. I stamped everything using my mini misty tool and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I used copic C5 (I think) to color the tail of the shooting star so it would stand out from the gray background. 
     I left the inside mostly empty so there is plenty of room to write a message but I did add and extra gold star that I had just to give the inside a little something. I am really happy with the way this card turned out (even if i did ruin the stamp I was planning on use). I think this would also work as a birthday card or even a card to just cheer someone up.I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will see you back here for another post on Monday.

Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment