Monday, September 12, 2016

Cut it out Monday - Superman Symbol Birthday Card

     Hello all and welcome back. It is so good getting back to crafting and making videos. I have really missed it this summer. The kids are back in school which is nice and my house is cleaner then it has been in a long while. I am also getting back to filming more now that I seem to have more time. So lets jump right on in with today's card.

     I always seem to have a hard time finding (or even making) a card for my husband. He's not really a handy man (but he does do something like that around the house) so tool cards do really fit him and I can't always make a game controller card every year. So I try to think about all the things he is into and he is a big superhero fan and he has a rash guard that he likes to wear while doing Jiu Jitsu and its pink with the Superman Logo on it. I thought that would be a fitting card to make since his gift was going to be tickets to the UFC that's coming to Portland. 

     I made two different sizes because I could not make up my mind which size I liked better. I use the Superman cricut cartridge and found the matching colors in my cardstock stash. 
     This is a simple card to make I just took the back piece and made two copies of it. I then flipped one of them and welded it to the other piece to make my card base which I cut out in black. I then took the one remaining copy and made it a bit smaller so it would fit inside that card so there was a place to write. 
     I used the Happy Birthday Stamp from Lawn Fawns So Much to Say stamp set and it fit nicely inside the bigger card. 

     I really just love how simple this card is and easy to put together. Sometimes with my days simple is just want I need. Thank you all for joining me and look out for my next project. 


Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment