Wednesday, September 21, 2016

What What Wednesday - My Inspirational Idea Cans

     Guess what day it is? Its Hump day and you know what that means. Only two more days until the weekend and another What What Wednesday post. I am looking forward to this weekend our youngest daughter is going to be doing her first Jiu Jitsu Competition on Saturday. She is super excited to do this to and we are very proud of her. 

     But enough about me and what i have going on lets dive into today's project. one of the other lady's I follow on YouTube share her idea can and how she plan to use it and I though that this would be a great idea to use thinks in your craft room might might not use as much. I took that idea it went a step farther. I sometimes struggle with coming up with card ideas (unless there is a specific reason to make a card or project) so I thought I would make two cans on for themes and one for products/embellishments to use. This not only will have me using things I may not have used in a long while but also get out of the routine of making the same kids of cards/projects that I have been so comfortable with. I happen to have some old cans sitting in my back room (well I had them for this exact reason) that would be perfect for my inspirational cans. 
     The tall one was a baby formula can and the other was an Almond Rocha can. I covered then in some cardstock that was in my scraps bin. I used some letters that I already had cut out from Lawn Fawns Capital and Lower Case ABC's Die. I used some Scotch Quick-Dry Glue for everything.

     I named this can Fun Ideas since it has all the themes in it from Baby Showers to Anniversary to Sympathy as well as seasons and Holidays (I am hoping to also start my scrapbooking back up which is part of the reason to have those in there too). I made it the small can since I don't think I will be adding to many more themes to this can. I just added a heart to the top and the front for just a little something.
     The taller can having all my extra goodies in it seemed fitting to call it Fun Extras because after all that's what you add to the cards and projects right a little something extra. I image I will be adding more projects in to it as I get more goodies so it seemed fitting to use the taller can. There is all kinds of stuff in this can. I have pieces of paper that say stamps only (which just means I am not using any dies with them), I have stamp companies names in there so I would only being using that companies product. Then there's the many different coloring medias I have as well as all the embellishments that I own. I even add the punch I have as well as the Spellbinder dies. I may pick out anywhere from 1 - 3 maybe more depending on how much I want to challenge myself. 
 
     The rainbow was left over pieces from a birthday banner I did two years ago for a friend's daughters first birthday. It was either from the Lawn Fawn Rainbow die or something I cut out with my Cricut (not sure which really). I also covered the top (forgot to take a picture of that) with some of the same blue and then just add some clouds. This helps cover the words on the lid so you wont have to see any of that if I have this in a film.
     This here is just showing you where I keep the cans. This is on a shelf right about my desk, in fact you can see the mount for my camera right there. So its easy to get to without having to get out of my chair which is nice because then I am more likely to use it if they are close at hand.

     I am hoping this will be just another fun way to making more projects and videos with out feeling stressed or rushing at the last minute to get some things done. Thank you for joining me and enjoy the rest of your Wednesday and week. Here is the link to the video of the lady who gave me the idea for these.

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment