Friday, February 21, 2014

Baby Shower Invitation

Hi guys. So first thing is first I am so done with the cold. The sun came out this afternoon and warmed up my craft room that i am now ready for open doors and windows and the heat turned off. Now that we have gotten that out of the way lets get to the reason you are here.

My best friend is have a baby & I am throwing her a baby shower or as I like to call it a Celebration of a new family member. After finding out the sex of the baby ( IT"S A GIRL!!!!!) I was able to come up with this cute invitation. The baby's nickname is Monkey so that is the theme and once she said she is not a fan of pink i knew what colors to use ( I am going with brown & light purple with just a little pink). I then came up with this cute 5x7 size card.

The monkey is from one of the Create a Critter cartridges (not sure which one off the top of my head). I used some  Canvas Textured card stock (the color is fudgesicle) and Smooth card stock (nutmeg is the color) from Joann's for the body with just a small black piece of paper for behind the eyes and mouth. I then cut the shadow out of some pink card stock (because whats a girl baby shower with out a little pink). I then used some purple for the bow which is also from the create a critter cartridge and add some clear wink of Stella glitter to it. Now to make this monkey look more girly I add some light pink tiny pearls for earrings. For the bow on her hand i used American Crafts pink twine so it look like the balloons are tied to her hand.
For the small balloons i used my Martha Stewart Balloon punch and just punch out balloons from three different shades of purple card stock. The one in the middle matches the card stock for her bow. I big balloon is from the Create a Critter cartridge and I just used Cricut Craft Room Basic Font for the letter inside. I then cut this out on to some 8 1/2 x 11 Light Pink Shimmer card stock from TPC Studio (found at Joann's but in their clearance section). I then held everything down from the monkey to the balloons (including the string) with mini glue dots and the bows are held micro glue dots.
For the back I just used some white card stock and cut it to size by hand. Then once i found a 5x7 size template on my computer (i was worried i just cut these out for no reason and then had to do it again). 
I typed out what I wanted it to say & once I was happy with the wording I went back to pick the font and size of the text.

I just love the way this turned out. I thought i was going to have more ideas but this was the first one that came to mind and she really liked it. I have many more project to work on for this shower and will share all of the fun ideas with you as time goes on. But for now I am taking a week off the make sure i have what i need (not to mention get the stuff done around my house that was put on hold). Thank you so much for joining me and look for more Baby Shower videos in a week.

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment