Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine's Day Card #1

Wow that was a fast month I can't believe it is February already. But I guess when you spend two weeks sick time just flies by. So what do you have planed for Valentine's Day or have you even thought about it yet? I have already gotten some stuff for my girls but I am having a hard time finding stuff for hubby that's not candy. Anyways that is what inspired this card, those boxes of sweetheart candies. I saw them and thought how fun would it be to put them in a jar as decoration on the table. Well this is not real candy and not on my table but was a great idea for a card.

I use the jar from Lawn Fawn Summertime stamp set as well as the die and stamped it using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped it twice so i could color the lid using my copic makers C1, C3,C5 then just cut it out. I used the heart from that stamp set and stamped it out using Memento Angle Pink, Rosebud, & Ladybug ink as well as Versa Magic Spring Pansey & Pretty Petunia. I used first, second, and third generation stamps. 
I then took some scrap paper and my Martha Stewart Heart Confetti punch to add some different colored hearts. After I die cut the background using My Favorite Things Fluttering Hearts die on some TCP Studio Light Pink Shimmer paper (I found this in the clearance sections of Joanns a long while ago) I took the hearts that came out of that and added them to the jar to fill in the white area. I used a stamp that I got at Michaels for the sentiment on the jar.
I used some foam strips to pop the jar up.

For the inside of the card I just took the same paper I used as the background but i flipped it so i was using the lighter pink. I used a few remaining hearts and add them to the corners using my Tombow glue. My card base is Core-dinations Foundations Canvas Texture paper called April Lovely.

That's it just a fun simple card inspired by candy that I am sure I loved when I was younger (but now i cant stand lol ). Thank you for joining me and I look forward to making more cards.

Happy Crafting



No comments:

Post a Comment