Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Card # 7

Hello all. So this is more of a card share then anything else. For the last several days i have been getting stuff together for a baby shower I am throwing for my best friend Ashley (it is several months away but I don't have all the time in the world need to jump on it asap lol). So when I made this card I think I was still in baby shower mode because nothing was looking right that I had to stop, walk away and came back to it the next day. 

 I used Lawn Fawns Love You Tons stamp set as well as Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Die. I was able to stretch the banner die so the sentiment would fit. I just stamped that with Memento Ladybug Ink.  
Here is a link to Kristina Werner's  Extending Die-Cuts Video.
 
 For the stitched journaling die I just die cut it smaller and used the hearts on top and bottom. I then cut out the hearts again but with the back side of the pattern paper you see here. I got this idea from Jennifer McGuire's Die Cut Inlay video. I then stamped the Elephants with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on to some copic paper. I wanted there to be a difference in the male and fmale elephants but use the same color grey's so for him I used C1 as a base fallowed by C3 and C5 for the shadows. I used C1 so when I put the C3 on there it would look a little more textured. For her I just used C1 & C3. The heart was one of the white hearts that i just colored with R29 then added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter (two coats) and then some Glossy Accents.     
For the inside I wanted to keep it simple so I just use a stamp Amy R's Adoring You stamp Set and stamped it with Memento Rose Red Ink. Then took some of the scraps and just flagged the ends at three different levels to tie in the front. All the paper is from Doodlebug Sweetheart 6x6 paper pad.


I was so glad that i walked away from this and came back to it the card turns out nice. I have been trying to make cards as gender friendly as I can since i have just as many boys in my life as I do girls. Thank you so much for joining me and look for my Special Valentine's Day card posting on Valentine's Day.


Happy Crafting


My Supplies







No comments:

Post a Comment