Friday, January 20, 2017

To die for Friday - Birthday Card Series #1

     Happy Friday all. I hope you have some wonderful big plans for the weekend. I am planning on doing as little as possible this weekend. I am also hoping to get some crafting done too. The week has gone by fast but still busy with the kids going back to school and having to get back to the normal routine. Lets get on to today's card. I know I said in my update video I as going to be starting a birthday card series. This is going to be the first card in that series. I know I have posted a birthday card a;ready and I will have another one going up on Monday but since those where filmed before my decision they are not going to be part of this new series. I really love how this card turned out. I used my zig clean color real brush markers to color these images. 


     I first die cut out some Bristol Smooth paper using Lawn Fawns Stitched Rectangle die. I then used the Mini Misti and a template I made to stamp everything out. I stamped everything use Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink which works great with not only copics but water too.The presents are from Lawn Fawn's Toboggan Together and masked it off. I took the cake stand from Lawn Fawn's Baked with Love stamp set and used it as a table. I masked that off and stamped out Edward from The Greeting Farm. Once everything was stamped out I grabbed my zig markers to start coloring. I used 071 Flesh Colour for his skin, 2 layers of 067 Mustard for his hair, 030 Blue for his vest and some shadowing on his pants, 034 Dull Blue for his shirt and the rest of his pants, 094 Gray Brown for his shoes. For the presents and table I used 029 Geranium Red, 070 Orange, 048 Emerald Green, 050 Yellow, 030 Blue and 091 Light Gray for the shadows. To add some detail I used at first my white gelly roll pen but then used my white Signo Broad pen. 

     I pulled the colors I used for this from the pattern paper I got from Doodlebugs 6x6 paper pad Sugar Shoppe. I trimmed the blue background to fit an A2 size top folding 110 lbs cardstock card base. I wanted a few rows of dots showing to I used the image panel to size up the second panel. I used my atg to glue everything in place. I then took the Everyday Sentiment Banner dies by Lawn Fawn and some green scrap of cardstock and added the Happy Birthday sentiment from Lawn Fawn Hats Off To You stamp set and stamped that with Jet Black ink.
     For the inside of the card I just used a few of the scraps left over from the pattern paper and cut a flag end and attached them to the inside to finish off the card. After looking at this card it almost looks like it is a birthday portrait. This was not my intention when I made this card but I love that it turned out that way. Thank you all for going me and I will see you in my next post.


Happy Crafting



Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment