Friday, October 14, 2016

To die for Friday - Halloween Project #6 - Jack-O-Lantern Shaped Card

     Hello all and happy Friday to you. I am so excited it's Friday. The kids had no school yesterday and they have no school today and have been super helpful getting the house ready for you trip, an update video to come next week about that. This weekend we are finalizing all our plans and making sure everything is ready to go. I am so excited, I cant even tell you. Anyways lets get on with the project at hand. For today's project I thought it would be fun to take the pumpkin dies from Spellbinders and turn it into cut little Jack-o-lantern. 

     I used the largest die and cut out 3 of the pumpkins in the orange cardstock and then cut the stem out of some scrap brown cardstock. I wanted to give the pumpkin a little more of a pumpkin look so I took my E97 copic marker to add some lines to give the pumpkin more shape and depth. I also took the marker around the edge too. I took the colorless blender to lighten the lines some. I used my EK Success Large Jack-o-lantern face punch and punched out the face on one of the pumpkins. Then I trimmed off the stem of the pumpkin from the orange cardstock and then just glued the brown one in it place. I then took some black cardstock and trimmed it to fit right behind the face and glued it down. I then add one of the other pumpkin cut outs to the back to help hide all the lines and the other papers (make it nice an neat looking). 


     For the back panel I took the 3rd cut out and scored a line along the top. I used one of the sentiments from Amy R's Halloween Sentiments and stamped that with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used some strong tape to attached the back panel to the front panel.

     The card turned out great. I think this would make a great invitation for any Halloween party too. Thank you so much for joining me and I hope you all have a great weekend. Stay tuned for my next video and post.

Happy Crafting 

No comments:

Post a Comment