Friday, October 7, 2016

To die for Friday - Halloween Project #3 - Monster Size Love

     Happy Friday. I am so glad this week is over, it has been a crazy week for me. We celebrated our oldest birthday and my husbands work schedule has kinda gone back to normal. I am really looking forward to a nice family weekend. Lets get into today's project so we can all go about our day. This was a fun card to make. I used Lawn and doodlebug products for this card. 
     I started out with 110 lbs white cardstock (I really like using this weight cardstock for not only coloring but for card bases too it holds up well) my card base measuring out to be a 4.25x4.25 size card. I them used some scraps from Doodlebugs 6x6 paper pad Ghouls and Goodies and October 31st. I then stamped out the two little monsters from Lawn Fawns Monster Mash stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For the hill I used paper from October 31st and the medium height Stitched Hillside Border die from Lawn Fawn. I used some black card stock from my scrap bin and the speech bubble die from Lawn Fawn. I took some Yeti ink form Lawn Fawn and stamped out the sentiment and glued everything in place on the card front.
     I wanted the little monster to match a bit so for the girl I gave her a bow that was die cut out from the same pattern paper as the little boy monster. I then gave her some pink cheeks using my R20 Copic marker. I then took a pen that I got from the $1 spot at Target and just colored in her bow for a little bit of sparkle. I then took one of the eyes from Doodlebugs Eerie Eyes and had it looking at her. I use Wild Rose ink from Lawn Fawn to do some second and third generation stamping of the little heart.
     For the inside of the card I took one of the other sentiments and the small monster and stamped them using Memento ink. I then took the other orange eye and gave that to this little guy and colored him green using the same pens.

     I had planned to make this an anniversary card but came up with something else for it. I think this does make a great card to give to anyone that might just need a little pick me up. Thank you all for joining me and I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment