Thursday, December 15, 2016

What What Wednesday - Wedding Card






     Hello all. I first want to start off by apologizing for this going up super late. Like I said in my update video I have just been in a real funk and even after I did the video I was just having a hard time getting back to my computer to edit it. I am hoping that once Christmas is over I will snap out of this funk and get right back into posting and making videos again. On to today's post.


     I made this card before we left on our vacation. Hubby was going to be heading out of town to a wedding for one of his very good friends and I knew that I would not have the time once we got back to make a card. When I saw the Happy Wedding stamp set from Lawn Fawn I knew right away this was the stamp set I wanted to use for this card. The two little birds just reminded me of the bride and groom so much. I wanted to incorporate the wedding colors into this card. Their colors are Cerulean and Mustard. I had used one of the sketch layouts that I had to help with the look of the card.

     I used one Spellbinders Small Scalloped circle dies and cut that out in black and then took a Die from the Spellbinders Small Circle set and cut it out using some scrap white paper. I then took the heart garland stamp and inked it up with Memento tuxedo black ink and then stamped it off 2 times on to some scratch paper and then stamped it the third time on to the white paper to make a beautiful background. I stamped the birds and the cake onto some 110 lbs cardstock using memento ink. I then took my copics that matched as close as possible to the wedding colors. I used C0 and C02 for the cake and for the birds with a little R20 for their cheeks and Y26 for their beak. I used the BG49 for the flower in her hair. I used R29 for the hearts on the cake and I used Y26 for the garland and BG49 (which matched the closest to the Cerulean color) for the cake stand. I then used the matching dies and cut everything out. I took some tombow and glues everything into place.

     I took some of the 110 lbs cardstock scrap and used BG49 to color it. I then took the sentiment and stamped that using memento ink. I wanted to add a little bit more or the Y26 to that card so I took some white pearls from my stash and colored them using the Y26 marker. 
     For the main panel I used some pattern paper from an old 4x6 paper pack that I have. Its called Just Married by Pebbles Inc. I just trimmed that down so there was a small white border. The card size is a side folding 4.25x5.5 card and the card base is 110 lbs cardstock. I added the sentiment to the card once I had the circles glued down and the panel was attached to the card base. I then just trimmed off anything that was hanging over. 

     For the inside of the card I used the to birds hugging  and colored them the same as the ones on the front of the card and die cut them out. I then took another one of the sentiments for the stamp set and stamped that out with memento ink. 
     That finished off this card. I really like how cute it turned out and I am really hoping the couple likes it and has a wonderful wedding. Thank you all for joining me and I will see you next time.

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment