Tuesday, December 23, 2014

12 Cards of Christmas 2014 Card 6

Merry Christmas eve eve everyone. Do you have your stocking hung? Are your gifts wrapped and under the tree? Have you been good this year? OK I know it's a little late to ask some of these questions but who hasn't waited until the last minute to do something for the holidays? I sure there are people out there still shopping, well unless you are reading this :) 

So I am sad to say that this will be my last card for 2014. I did not make all 12 like I was hoping but with the month going by so fast I am so happy I was able to get half of them done. I now know that i have to start earlier but I have such a hard time thinking about Christmas before Thanksgiving has even started. It's right up there with school just getting out and see all the back to school stuff out just a little depressing. 

Anyways it has been a good year even with all the ups and downs. I am heading into the new year with goals that I might even make because the are a bit more reachable then they have been in the pass. So what are you goals for the up coming year? One of mine is to get more birthday card sent out to family and friends. 

I am going to go ahead a jump into this card. I still have to wrap my husbands gifts before he gets home. I used my Cricut to make this shape card. I used the snow globe image from Joys of the Season cartridge. The card measures about 4x6. I used just some plain cardstock from my stash. As I was cutting everything out I thought how can I take this up a notch? Well by turning it into a shaker card too. 
I wanted to try my hand at some texture paste that I have seen Jennifer McGuire use and thought that would be fun to play with. I had the idea to stamp snowflakes on my acetate but I did not have any stazon ink. So why not try the texture paste. Once I cut the acetate to size I used Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil then just applied the paste. I love the way it looks. I took my Spellbinder Circle Small die to cut out the opening. Then took the stamps I was going to stamp on the acetate to the inside for the look of falling snow there too using Memento Summer Sky ink. I them used the polar bear for Lawn Fawns Critter in the Snow and stamped him on so copic paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored him with my C0 & C1 and just a little R20 for his ears and nose. Then I glued the image in place. I used red line sticky tape to hold the acetate the just added some foam tape on that. I then used some Stickles Tim Holtz Rock Candy Glitter and just add to the center panel then just stuck the front right down. I added a bit much but I love that it make him look like he is climbing out of the snow. I used one of the sentiments for Lawn Fawns pa-rum-pa-pa-pum stamp set and stamped it with versafine black ink.
 I took a piece of green ribbon that taped that around the base just to give it a little bit of that Christmas feel and because the bottom was kinda plain. I then used my bow make and add a bow for just a added cute factor. 
Well that my card. What do you think? I think I am going to have a lot of fun with the texture paste. Thank you all so much for joining me. I look forward to what the new year will bring and I will Be back some time mid January (hubby is leave the day after my birthday) with more cards and other fun projects. 

Have very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment