Friday, December 19, 2014

12 Cards of Christmas 2014 Card 4

I am back with the next card in my 12 Cards of Christmas series. Time is flying by so fast that I am hoping to get all 12 of these cards done not to mention getting cookies made, gifts wrapped and shipped if they need to be shipped. my kids last day is on Friday and I am just not sure how I am going to get all this done with them in the house. Lucky my craftroom has a lock on the door so I can hide but still they will know what I am doing. I still have to finish working on the gifts for my son and his family as well as for my friend Ashley's girls. I am also getting a spa package together for my friend Kristina. So you can see why I not sure I will get all the cards done. I am trying my best. I do have the other cards planed out just have to make the time to get them done. It is going to be a very busy weekend in this house.

Anyways, for the card is was just something simple. I used mostly Lawn Fawn images and dies to make it. I think this is one of my favorite cards so far in this series. I love all the detail, these dies with the stitching on them are going to be some of my go to dies I think and I can't wait to get the rest of the rectangles and the circle ones that Lawn Fawn has come out with.
I die cut some white paper first using the stitched rectangle (the largest size) so I could get the great stitching all the way around and then I used the forest border die as well as the stitched hillside dies on that same white die cut. I took the stitched rectangle again for the blue paper.

I used Lawn Fawns critters in the snow stamp set with matching dies. I took the penguins and the igloo, stamped them with memento tuxedo black ink and used my copics to color them in. I colored the small penguin to look more like a baby penguin use my cool grays and a little y13 as well as the colorless blender for the body and y15, and YR02 for the feet and beak. For the adult penguin I used my neutral grays and Y15 for the body. I then used YR02 and Y15 for the beak and YR02 with YR07 for the feet. 

For the igloo I just took my lightest cool gray (co1) to give it a little bit of shadow and then softened that out with the colorless blender. Once everything was colored I then die cut out all my images. I laid the forest border flat to the blue background as well as one of the hills. i the took some foam strips to pop up the hill in front as well as the igloo. I then took the same foam strip and put a small piece on the back of the small penguin then attached him at an angle so it looked like he was sliding down the hill. I found some thinner foam and used that on the adult penguin so he could be popped up but behind the hill. I then took the sentiment from Amy R's Christmas Sentiments 2 and stamped it using versafine black ink. Then glues everything to the front of my card base.

For the inside I used the largest stitched die again on some white card stock (I wanted the stitched look inside as well) then I just trimmed a little off the top so the card would close nicely. I stamped my sentiment from Amy R's Christmas Verse 2 stamp set in versafine as well.

That's it for this card. Thank you all for joining me and look for my next card here soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Happy Crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment