Tuesday, December 2, 2014

12 Cards of Christmas 2014 Card 1

Hi guys! How was every one's thanksgiving? We had a great time at my parents house. We left late Monday night (the kids had parent/teacher conferences and happy to report my kids are doing great) to head up there, and I have to say that was the longest 3 hour drive ever. The kids got to pick out a few books at a book fair that was at the Montessori school my mom works at, on the way there my youngest asked if she could ride some rides at the fair and when I told her it was not that kind of fair she then said "then why do they call in a fair if there are no rides that's silly." I just love that kid. we picked up my husband on Wednesday at the airport in Seatac then we got the pumpkin pie cheesecake from Claim Jumper he wanted. We had a great Thanksgiving with the family, my sister did have to work which was unfortunate but other wise good time. We had a family fun day that Friday but it was really rainy out. We took the kids to an indoor trampoline place then went to my Aunt's house for some pizza. Saturday we took the kids to so skating and got to see our friends too (I got a great video of our youngest trying to shoot the duck it was hilarious). Then it was home on Sunday with a stop at Artco first of course.


OK so now on to the project at hand. I have started my 12 Cards of Christmas series. I was going to try to have the cards go like the song you know 8 maids of milking but using crafty items like 8 dies used, 7 stamps colored and so on but I was having a hard time coming up with a card that used 12 of something that did not over whelm the card. Since I was not going to be starting this until Dec. I figured I would put that on the back burner for now and work on it for next years card series. So for this on I thought it would be cute to use Lawn Fawn's Goody Bag die to hold some of the goodies we will be making this year (it has become a tradition for us to make homemade Butterfingers bits and i will share that with you when we make them). So I know that this is not a card but I figure we might use these to hand out our goodies to our neighbors and figured that made them a Christmas project. This was fun to make, I had everything ready to go (I was talking to hubby while I colored the images and die cut the bags). 
 Unfortunately I cleaned up when I was finished before doing the video and for got to write down the colors of copics that I used. As well as the goodies bag die I also used Lawn Fawn's Milk and Cookies stamp with matching dies for the images..
 I die cut the straw out first so that I could extend that to make it also hold the banner. I cut little slits in both the banner and the glass, two at the top and one in milk so it looked more like the straw was in it. I die cut the bag from just some snowflake paper I had in my stash as well as the green paper to give the images something to sit on.

I love the way this came out so cute and the bag was easy to out together. This would be something you can easily mass produce to had out to friends. I am thinking about using this to put gift cards in as well.

Thanks so much for joining me and look for card number 2 here soon. 
Merry Christmas and Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment