Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12 Cards of Christmas 2014 Card 3

How is everyone doing? Have you done any of you holiday shopping yet? I have done very little so far mostly because my kids are always with me since I don't have the time to do it while they are in school. Me and hubby also have to sit down and plan out what we want to get the kids for Christmas, not to mention other family members. I a pretty sure the list of names grows every year lol. I have not ever decorated the house yet. But I guess that is what will be on our to do list this weekend. 

Anyways on to the project at hand. I wanted to try out two things that I have not yet tried, water coloring and making a shaker card. So why not do both on this time around right. I made this cute (large) shaker tag, we have a few gifts that a large tag like this would work. I started out by cutting some water color paper to match the tag size for the backing. I then taped it down to hold it down as flat as possible. I used my wide tipped water brush and Tim Holts Distress Markers.

 I used Broken China for the back ground. I wanted it to be a light blue but to stand out from the other blues I was going to be using. I then used Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes and the matching dies. I stamped them on a piece of left over water color paper using Rangers Archival black ink. Using a small brush I gave the snowdudes a light wash of Tumbled Glass for their bodies. I also used a little Barn Door and Festive Berries for the scarf on one of the snowdudes as well as on the hat for the other. Then went in with some Mowed Lawn for the hat and scarf. For the smaller snowdude I used a little Picket Fence on the little ball and rim of his hat. To finish them off I used some Ripe Persimmon for their noses and Black Soot for the buttons. I stamped the greeting using VersaFine Black ink once the background was dry. Here is a list of the colors I used.
 Before attaching everything I stamped this To & From stamp in VersaFine as well. These come from Paper Smooches Merry Mofits stamp set. I used a enamel dot to cover a hole I made. This is from the Doodlebug Winter Assortment enamel dots.
I used some acetate for the front and just used some glue to hold that in place. I then took some foam strips I had in my drawer that was the right width as well as the right thickness I wanted. I took some of the white sequences from Doodlebug and out them in the middle of the images so I could line up my front panel with out making a mess. I then thought the top needed something so I used one of the big snowflakes that I had and was going to use a brad to hold it it place (hence the hole on the back) and decided that i liked the snowflake but not the brad so I just took a blue enamel dot to cover up the center once I glued the snowflake down.  

I just love the way this came out. For it being my first time water coloring and making a shaker i could not be happier. I do wish however I added more of the sequences. 
Thanks so much for joining me. I hope everyone is enjoying the series. 

Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment