Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12 Cards of Christmas 2014 Card 2

Welcome back to my 12 Cards of Christmas 2014 card series. For this card I wanted it to be something that could easily be mass produced. I wanted to make a one layer/inlay card. I got the idea to try this from watching Jennifer McGuire videos. She always has some great ideas and techniques. 

 I took just some red card stock and cut it down to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 to make a top folding card.  I started out by taking the second to smallest die from Spellbinders Standard Circles Small as well as the next two up from that to cut out my circles on just some plain white card stock. I then used those same dies to cut out tree different circles from Doodlebugs Home for the Holidays 6x6 paper pad. I then took the Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmas die and cut that out on the same white card stock. I then used my R46 copic marker to color it red. I used my We are Memory Keepers 1/4 Corner Chopper to round all the corners. Once that was done I used some Tombow Mono multi to glue down the white card stock. I used the same glue for the pattern paper as well as the Merry Christmas die cut. I used my 0.03 copic multi liner for the string.  once all that was in place I thought that it needed something so I used a little bow stamp from Lawn Fawns pa rum pa pum pum stamp set. I stamped it with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink on to some red strap paper from the doodlebug paper pad and hand cut it out.
 For the inside of my card used the same kind of white paper and thought that it needed just a bit of something. I die cut out one of Lawn Fawns Stitched Snowflakes and then covered it with lots of Wink of Stella Clear glitter. I think this really help make it stand out. I also rounded the corners.

I just glued the in place and that finished off the card. I think it looks really cute and would be something you can easily reproduce. 
Look for card 3 coming soon 

Have a safe & Happy Holiday season.
Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment