Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Card # 4

Merry Christmas everyone.
 
I wanted to make this a simple card. I have this stamp set that I got with one of my magazine subscriptions and thought a photo would make a great Christmas card. I waited until the next morning to take these picture so you could really see the detail.
 
I used craft cardstock that I got a Walmart as my base and used my snowflake embossing folder. I then took Brilliance Moonlight White Ink and wiped it over the embossing so you could really see the snowflakes.
 I used so white scrap cardstock and first stamped the lady in Memento Black ink and then stamped her again on to some masking paper so I could use my Distress inks for the background (Tattered Rose on top and Tea Dye on the bottom). I took the mask off and colored her face (E00, E02) and hair (E15, E19) with my copic markers. I then added a small strip of white where the to colors meet to give it a baseboard look. I then paper pieced on her cloths with red and green cardstock (I used Brilliance rocket red to stamp out her shirt and belt and Brilliance pearl thyme for her skirt).
 I used the same paper and ink for the tree. I had some pre cut stars that fit I just colored them yellow and then used some clear rhinestone stickers on the tree. The star on top is from the Doodlebug Halloween Parade collection. I then just used son white pearls for her earring and necklace. I took my silver Wink of Stella pen and used in on the ornament and a little on her shirt and belt. I used my Lawn fawn Say Cheese die to cut out the photo and the just glued my image to the back. I used balck ink for the sentiment as well which is from the same stamp set.  
After everything was dry I used foam dot to attach the picture to the card and then just used to silver and white ribbon on the edge.
I left the inside blank and I also did not cover up the embossing on the inside I thought it looks really cool.
 
That's it. Just a fun card using stuff I have never tried before and I love the way it turned out.
Thanks for joining me remember you can subscribe to my blog as well as like me on Facebook. You can also follow me on Pinterest (I am still working on it).
 
Have a warm, safe and happy holiday season
 
Happy Crafting
 
You can also subscribe to My YouTube Channel too :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment