Thursday, December 5, 2013

Another Entry for Lawn Fawn CHA 2014 Catalog Challenge I

I got the idea for this card from a old friend from school. She is going to be have a baby soon and when she posted picture of the baby's room I knew just what to make.
 
I started with a 3 1/2 x 5 inch white card. I used my Tumbled Glass distress ink and a sponge tool to add some blue for the sky. I went around the edge with Salty Ocean Distress Ink for just a bit of contrast. I used my Fiskers Grass punch on some dark green and bright green card stock for the bottom.
 
I used the Critters on the Savanna stamp set and dies by Lawn Fawn as well as the Hats off to You stamp set. I stamped them out in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on some copic paper. I used YR15 & YR17 for the Giraffe, C1,& C7 for the Zebra and E31, E33, & E35 for the lion RV21 for his nose. For the Small party hats I used G00, & G02 (for her card I used RV21 and some Petal Pink Liquid Pearls). I the cut them out by Hand leaving a small white border.


 
For the hats on the Lion and Zebra I used my craft knife to cut out around their ears so the hats would look like they are sitting farther back. I just used my glue pen to attach them. I first glued down the Giraffe then the dark green grass. I then took the lion placed him where I wanted him the put down the bright green grass. The Zebra was the last one to go on and I wanted him in front on the grass.
 
I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp out the Sentiment on front which is from Lawns Fawn's Plus One Stamp Set  as well as on the inside. I then took my 3/8 corner chopper to round the bottom to corners.
 
That's was all it need. I am so glad that I had a chance to enter into this amazing challenge no matter if I win or not.
This is her Card.
 
 Thanks for joining me.
Happy Crafting
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment