Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What What Wednesday - Valentine Series #2 - Fishy Love

     It's Wednesday and you know what that means time for another What What Wednesday post. This is project #2 in my Valentine Series. But before we get into the project how has your week been going? I hope so far so good. Mine is a short week the kids have no school Thursday or Friday and we are heading up to my parents for the 4 days. It will be nice to spend some time up there. We plan to see some friends that we don't always get to see because of other plans and time even though they all live close to my parents. We are even hoping hubby can make it up at some point too but wont know until he is heading our way.

     Anyways lets get into today's project. I thinks this turned our just so stinkin' cute. I went in with a plan (which I always try to do or at least a general idea of what I want) and for the first time everything worked out exactly the way I wanted it too. I made a few mistakes along the way and figured things out on the fly but the card turned out the way I had pictured it in my head.
   I started out by stamping everything with Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink on to some copic paper. I used the Fintasic Friends stamp set by Lawn Fawn. I wanted to do something I had never tried before, reverse stamping. I first stamped out the fish tank, castle and the angel fish (well that what this fish reminds me of). I then used Paper Smooches Mirror Blocks stamp set to get the reverse image. How that works in case you don't know is you take a stamp that has a smooth flat space on it ink up the image you want to use then stamp that on the the flat stamp then take that and stamp out the image on to your paper. Now you may have to go over the lines with a marker/pen (I used a copic multi liner 0.5 to darken my lines) just make sure your marker/pen is compatible with the medium your coloring with, Copic multi liners are not good for water coloring with. 

     I also stamped out the fish food on to copic paper. I wanted to do some paper piecing so I used Doodlebug Lovebug pattern paper and stamped out the sand and the sandcastle. I then went on to coloring, I made masks for the things I did want to get any airbrushed copic maker on. I used BG01 for the water and my copic airbrush system. Once that was done I took off the masks and finished my coloring. I used E000, R29 and E25 for the fish food. For the fish I wanted them to match up a bit so for the fish on the left I used RV04 and RV06 for the main body and RV34 and RV55 for the stripe. for the one on the right I just reversed the colors RV34 and RV55 for the main body and RV04 and RV06 for the stripe. I used R29 for the heart and E29 for the base of the tank. I cut out everything and used a black marker to go around the edge of the paper. Once that was done I used some C1 for shading on the castle and the sand. I glued them into place with some multi medium matte and had the sand going over the castle so it looked like the castle was in the sand.
     I used 110 lbs card stock of my card base which is a A2 size side folding landscape card. The pattern paper is from Doodlebug Sweetheart 6x6 paper pad and the brown is some scrap cardstock from my stash and I am using that like a table top or shelf for the tank and food to sit on. I sentiment is a fun play on words I guess you could say and I used Harold's ABC's from Lawn Fawn (it a fun joke that my kids and husband like to to once in a while "What do you call a fish with no i's? A FSH. I also heard the song other other day "I only have eye's for you") I stamped that with Jet Black ink as well. I attached the paper to the card base using my ATG tape gun and then used a little foam tape for the food and thought I would use some on the tank but decided cover it with glossy accents. Now note if you are going to do that don't add it to your image after you have it on your card base, it was warp the card a bit.

     For the inside I just added the smaller angel fish and three hearts for bubbles using Memento Angel Pink ink, this finished off my card. Thank you all so much for joining me I hope you have a great rest of your day and week. I will be posting my To die for Friday video on Thursday but the blog wont be going up until Friday (only because I don't know how to schedule a video to post on YouTube).since I will not have my computer with me.

Happy Crafting

Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment