Friday, February 10, 2017

To die for Friday - Valentine Series #6 - Watercolor Hearts

     Hello everyone. It's Friday and that means its the end of the week and the weekend is coming. I am looking forward to getting a few things done this weekend. I hope you have some wonderful plans for the weekend.

     Today's cards turned out to be a two for one. I am so happy with the way they turned out. I had only planned to make one card then I couldn't decide what color card base I wanted so I decided to do both. I was already going to have extras from the die cutting so why not right.


     For the first card I die cut out Simon Says Stamp Heart Parade die from some watercolor paper. I then took my Inktense pencils to color the inlay hearts as well as the outline. I tried to spread the shade of the colors out across the hearts and had the color fade down the hearts. I used Hot red (410) Scarlet Pink (320) Carmine Pink (520). I also used what was on the paint brush to color the outline of the hearts. I then die cut out the hearts again with some white cardstock to lay the hearts inside on this pink card base. This helps them stand out against the cardstock.


      For the this one I had plan to use the outline from the watercolor and then fill it in with the white hearts. Once I laid down the watercolor piece I really liked the look of it with out the hearts inside. And the color pops against the black cardstock beautifully. I then rounded the corners use the we r memory keepers corner chomper (cant remember which one). 

      Thank you for joining me and I hope you all have a great weekend. I will be back Monday with the last project in my Valentine Series. 


Happy Crafting



Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment