Wednesday, February 8, 2017

What What Wednesday - Valentine Series #5 - An Unbelievable Love

     Happy Wednesday all. Not only is it the middle of the week but it is also time for another post. I hope everyone has had a good week so far? It seems to have gone by fast but that does not mean it wont the rest of the week right. Well lets get on to today's post. I once again started with a plan and the card turned out just as I imaged. I think this is my new favorite card this year. 

     I used several stamp set for this one card and yet it looks like everything goes together well. I started off my card by making a fun background. I used Lawn Fawn's Mermaid Ink and Paper and stamped out the bubble cluster and small heart from Octopi My Heart. I used BG15 and colored some scrap 110 lbs cardstock so I could have a little contrasting color between the mermaid and the light blue background. I then took one of the dies from Ocean Waves Borders and cut that out. I lined it up and the glued it in place and trimmed off any over hang.
     I used my Mini Misti to stamp out the Octopus as well as the bow and heart. I also stamped out the little ship from Lovable Legends (which you will see later down the post) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to some 110 lbs scrap cardstock. I did want to go with the traditional Valentine colors (you know reds and pinks). For the boy octopus I used B12 and B16 and for the girl I used BV01 and BV000. I used R24 for the heart and for the bow. I used the matching dies to cut everything out and then took my xacto knife and made a small slit in each tentacle so I could make them holding tentacles. Are they just not the cutest. I held that together with some Multi Medium Matte.


     For the ship I stamped the small heart on to one of the sails and used R24 for color that in. I used E15 for the boat, E17 for the masts and C00 for the sails. I was not worried about this having to much detail since I wanted the Octopuses (is that right or is it still octopus?) to be the main focus. Once I had the rest of my images glued in to place and on the light blue background I glued my ship down. I used Jessie's ABC's and the unbelievable sentiment to make my sentiment and stamped that out with mermaid ink.  My card is a 4.5 square top folding card using 110 lbs cardstock.



     For the inside i took the octopus and stamped it with the mermaid ink and stamped the small heart as well a couple of times and that finished off my card. Thank you all so much for joining me and I hope you all have a great rest of your week and I will see you next time.

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment