Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What What Wednesday - Easter Project #5 - "You're My Kind of Peep" Card

      Hello all. I hope everyone is doing well. Me and my youngest spent a day under the weather. Thankful she is doing better but I still feel like I had every wheel of an 18 wheel run over me twice. I am hoping with a goodnight sleep I will be back to myself. I am so glad I got a bit of a jump start on today's card.

     My Simon Says Stamp Monthly Kit finally showed up over the weekend and I could not wait to start playing with all the goodies in it. I immediately knew what I wanted to do with them. The stamp set has so many great sentiments in it but I knew which one I wanted to use first. I thought this would be a great card to give to a friend for any reason or no reason at all.


      I used the pattern from the kit as my background and some of the off white cardstock from the kit for the card base. This is a top folding A2 size card. I used my We are Memory Keepers 3/8 corner chomper to round the corners of the card base. I then took some plain white cardstock from my scraps and cut it down to be 3.5 x 5 inches. I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then took the same corner rounder and rounded the corners on the white panel.

      For the peep bunnies I stamped them using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and did some masking so I would have two of the bunnies in the back. I used just one copic marker for each of the bunnies and I took my colors from the pattern paper. I used G00, B00 and Y02. I was going to leave them originally without a face but I didn't like the way they looked with out a face so I stamped out a different face for each. I then took my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter pen and gave them a few coats of that would look like they covered in sugar. I used some Tombow Mono to glue it flat to the front.

      For the inside I jut stamped this fun sentiment using Memento ink. Leaving plenty of space to write a note the who ever I send this to.  I can't wait to see what other great card ideas I can get out of this card kit. 

      Thank you all for joining me for today's card. I hope you all and a good Wednesday and I will see you next time.

Happy Crafting



Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment