Friday, March 4, 2016

To Die for Friday - Easter Project #3 - Chocolate Bunny Pillow Boxes

     Well happy Friday everyone. How did your week turn out? Good I hope, mine was so so. But we don't need to talk about that lets talk about something else something fun, something crafty, something.... Chocolatey! With Easter coming up we have all seen the sweets in the stores and some of them have probably made it in to your house already (I know we have some) weather it's Peeps (we always get those the kids like to battle them), jelly beans or Chocolate bunnies.  I thought why not take those ideas and use them for a Easter project.
     A friend of mine came over a while back and let me stamp out most of the stamps from Mama Elephant's Lunar Animals. I decided to use the little bunny from that set and make some pillow boxes using Lawn Fawns Pillow Box die to add to my kids Easter baskets.                               
     I used pattern paper from the new Doodlebug 6x6 paper pad Bunnyville. I took the jelly bean pattern and die cut that out one for each of my kids. Since this is one of the small dies it will fit on the 6x6 paper. I used score tape to hold the box closed. I took some dark pink and light pink scrap cardstock to stamp out the sentiment I made using Harold's ABC's from Lawn Fawn. I stamped it with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black Ink. I trimmed my scraps down and gave them a flag end.
     I took the little bunny that I had already stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on some copic quality paper. I used my copic markers to color in the bunny. I wanted each of my kids to get different chocolate bunny. For this one I colored it more milk chocolate and used E33, E34, E35. Once the coloring was done I fussy cut it out and used my brush tip copic multi liner to cover up the white edges. I then glued it to the dark pink paper and trimmed off any over hang and glued the bunny and flag to the pillow box. I did leave the ears unglued so I can pop them up a bit.

     For this one I wanted more of a dark chocolate look. I took E25, E27, and E29 and colored it in. I then cut it out and used the copic brush tip for the white edge. I then glued it down to the light pink banner and added it to the pillow box. 

     I have some candies to add in to the boxes once we are ready to fill up their baskets. I think these turned out really cute and cant wait for my kids to see all the fun things I have made for their baskets this year. Thank you for joining me and I hope you all have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting



Supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment