Monday, March 7, 2016

Cut It Out Monday - Easter Project #4 - Happy Easter Banner

     It's Monday again. Did you all have a good weekend? Mine went by fast but it was good. I didn't get as much done as I wanted but we did finally get around to putting together the drawers for under our bed. I also picked up the last bit of stuff for the girls Father/Daughter dance later this week and made plans to get pedicures done with a friend and do a little shopping and crafting afterward. This week is going to be busy but a good one.

     Anyways on to today's 4th Easter project. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for today's project so I went looking on the Make It Now section of the Cricut Design Space and the first thing that popped up was this cute little Easter Banner. I could not resist making it. I thought it would look really cute hanging in front of the kids baskets or on the wall behind them or just some place in my craft room. I didn't change much to the banner other then the colors and letters. This was another great way to use up some scraps from my stash. 
     
     I did stick to the blue and green banner flags I just changed the font that was used, I didn't care for the one that comes on the banner but it also had the font I used hidden in this project. I also wanted the bigger banner flags to be white. I glues down the the banner pieces together using Tombow Mono first. I wanted to use all the colors associated with Easter (pastel like colors) so since I had used the blue and green for the banner I decided to use light pink for the letters. I glued them down with Tombow Mono making sure I had the right number of letters going on the right number of banners.

                         
  I used some pale yellow ribbon from my ribbon drawer. I just used some Scotch Quick Dry glue to hold those down to the ribbon. This is a great glue to use for something like this it dry like hot glue but with out the heat. I used my grid mat to line them up so I could get the right amount of spacing. 

     This I just a closer look at the banner hanging on my wall. I think this is really cute and would make a great Easter decoration for next year too. You could even make the banner bigger if you are having a get together for Easter. I also found (after I had already had most of my pieces glued together) you can have the banner flags line up at the top for just a little something different. 

     Thank you all so much for joining me today. I will be having an update video for you guys here this week as well as a haul video. Have a great rest of your day.

Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment