Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Inspirational Wednesday - New Baby Card

Welcome to another Inspirational Wednesday post. 
Today's inspiration comes from many places. As I was paying bills (yuck not my favorite thing to do lol) I was updating my bill tracker (something I came up) and while looking for the file I came across my file for digital stamp images for The Greeting Farm. I decided to open it and see if I had a Thanksgivingy (i know not a real word or at least not spelled right) kind of image. I did not but I do have the Pregnant Anya one (I don't you can get this one anymore) and thought this would work instead.  I have a good friend that is going to be having her third baby. I also have this cute stamp that i have been wanting to use for a while and it works great for this too.  So those three things are what made up today's card.
I printed her out on to some copic quality paper (sized her about 2x3). I tried to color her to match my friend's hair color and skin color. I used N8 and 100 for her hair as well as shoes and E11 for her skin. I also used a little R20 for her cheeks and eye lids. I then took B02 and used a little for the top of her tummy bump, under her arms as well as for her under shirt. Then I took B000 to color the rest of her top and blend out the B02. For her pants I used G14 and some G17 for the shadow as well as for her hair band. I took a heart shaped enamel dot and used it where the little heart was in her hair. 
I have made my card base to be 4.25x4.25. I used my corner chomper to round the corners, I used the 1/8 side. The pattern paper is from Nana's Nursery Baby Boy paper pad.  She is pretty sure she is having a boy (she will know for sure in a month or so) since she is not 100% sure I thought these colors would work for a gender neutral card too. I timed it down just shy of 4.25 all around. I just used my ATG tape and stuck it in place after rounding the corn to match the card base. I then add my image to the bottom. I really wanted the paper to speak as the sentiment.
As for the inside I used this stamp that I got a long while ago on clearance at I believe Michaels. I thought this is such a great sentiment for any baby card and was really glad to be able to final use it. I stamped it with VersaFine ink.
This card is just so cute. I just cant get over how cute it looks. It's so simple and yet has so much beauty to it. Thanks for joining me today and I hope you have a wonder rest of your week.
Happy Crafting








Most of the supplies I used

No comments:

Post a Comment