Monday, November 2, 2015

Cut It Out Monday - How to Download Sadness & Disgust

Happy Monday all.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine could have been better but what can you do right. Oh well on to a new week and a new Cricut Project. Today's project was requested by my girls. They asked if I can make one of the characters from Inside Out. So i let them pick the ones they wanted and decided to do a How To video. This will show you where I got the file and how to upload them to the Cricut Design Space. So lets get started.

You first want to find the image that you want to cut out. Now you can just take an image off of your computer but today I am doing an .svg file. I found these images at Krafty Nook, there are a lot of great cut files on this site for free. I just typed in the search bar Inside Out and it came me all the post with that name in it. Once I got to the images I was looking for I had my girls pick out the characters they wanted. These are who they picked.
These files are easy to download as well as uploading them to Design Space. The best way for my to tell you how to do that is to show you in my video so please click on the video below to see how to download and upload.

Although Disgust turned out really cute I am not sure I would want to go to small for her thought I think you will loose some of the detail. She is 4 inches tall and as you can see on her belt that is a very small black piece. I did not even know it was there until I made her bigger. I used three different shades of green to make her, as well as some pink for her lips and scarf.
Sadness on the other hand was very easy to cut out and put together. I used three different shades of blue (all scraps as well) and black for her glasses. You could even go a step farther if you wanted and put plastic behind her glasses or fill them in with some glossy accents for the same effect. But I think she looks just as good as is. 

They have the other emotions on that site as well along with Bing-Bong. I would go and check out what other goodies this site has. I am very impressed with the files you can get there so far and I am not done looking yet.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and I will see you soon.
Happy Crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment