Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Inspirational Wednesday - Trip Jar Label

Happy Hump Day! The week is half over and the weekend is so close. For me though my weekend is a bit closer my girls have no school on Friday which of course means I can sleep in a bit. Which will be very helpful it was a rough night Monday not which of course slowed down my Tuesday which has effected my Wednesday. I don't like when that happens. 
Anyways on to today's project. One of my best friends asked me to help her decorate a jar she is using to put money in to save up for a trip out to see her sister. As well as her soon to be new niece/nephew in about 9 months from now. This is what I came up with.

The paper I used is just some white card stock. I cut it down to be 1/2 an inch smaller all around then the measurements she gave me (8 x 4.5) so this measure out at 7.5" x 4". 
Then using Microsoft Word I just made a template the same size and typed out what I wanted it to say. Once I was happy with everything I just printed it out. I hand colored the letters with my copic markers. I am sorry I dont have the colors I used I put them away with out thinking and cant remember what their numbers are. I did used a purple for the top line, a blue green for the middle and yellow for the bottom.
 I then used Lawn Fawns Wish You Where Here stamp set for the States, stamped in memento tuxedo black ink as well as the x for my best friend which I stamped using memento Danbue Blue ink and the heart which is for her sister in memento grape jelly. I then took one of the stamps from Lawn Fawn Bugs and Kisses for the travel line. I liked it better die cut out then just stamping it straight on there. I then just used my 1/2 inch corner rounder to soften the edges. My friend now has something to help reminder why the money in the jar should not be touched.

Thank you all so much for joining me. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. 
Happy Crafting



Supplies





No comments:

Post a Comment