Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Card #3

Hi everyone. I know it has been a while since my last Halloween video but I just was not feeling it after the last one. That kinda put me in a crafting funk but I was able to get some goodies and now the wheels are turning. We also we had our oldest birthday to get ready for which was lots of fun, our youngest even got dad to put on roller skates (which is a big deal since he has a bad knee) but we all had a lot of fun.
Anyways on to today's card. This is #3 in my Halloween card series  it turned out pretty cute too I think. I found the spider background stamp and the ink (Opalite- Cypress Frost) at Tuesday Morning. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to connect the stamp so it would look like it was a continues background. I used a stamp from stampendous   Spider Sam I think is what it is called (found it at Michaels in their clearance section) and used memento tuxedo black ink. I used N0, N2, N4 to color the spiders body (I did not want it to blend into the background) and N4, N6, N8, YR & YR07 for her hat. Then I took my YR02 &YR07 for the orange part of the candy corn and Y11 & Y13 for the Yellow part & then just took my white gel pen for the white.
I used orange opal ribbon that I got in the clearance section at Joann’s for just a little more orange pop. Taped that around the made a bow and stuck it down with a few glue dots. I used a happy Halloween stamp from Michaels $1 bin and cut it out, then colored the words with my YR07 so they would stand out more. I used some Doodlebug twine to attach her to the web then popped everything up on foam squares.
 

I used my Grand Calibur & Nested Candy Corn dies after using my glimmer mist (Sun Sisters for the yellow, Candy Corn for the orange & Dazzling Diamonds for the white.) & used a piece left over from the front and taped everything down on the inside. I left the inside blank one I had no sentiment for the inside & two because I think the lite colored candy corn would be a great place to write your own.  With the black background it just makes everything pop more too.
And that’s it for this card. I am hoping to get at least two more cards done here soon then I will be a small break for a card series ( I will work on other random card/projects) then I plan to start making Christmas cards but I wont be posting those videos until Dec. 1 as part of my 25 days of Christmas cards (not sure if I can get a card a day but it will be something like that).
Thanks for stopping by & remember to subscribe to my blog or like me on Facebook.
HAPPY CRAFTING



 
 
 
(These are just the names since not everything has a link)
List of Supplies
Spider with Candy Corn (spider Sam) - Stampendous - found at Michaels
Spider Background - Hampton Art - found at Tuesday Morning
Happy Halloween Stamp - Craft Smart - found in $1 bin at Michaels
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Opalite - Cypress Frost - found at Tuesday Morning
Spellbinders Nested Candy Corn (large size one)
Glimmer Mist - Sun Sisters, Candy Corn, Dazzling Diamonds
Recollection Black Cardstock
White 4.375 x 5.75 pre-made card
Doodlebug Inc. Halloween Twine
Orange Opal Ribbon - Joann's
Copic Markers - N0, N4, N6, N8, YR02, YR07, Y11, Y13
 
Sorry for not having links but I made sure to put everything I used down with all the info I could.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment