Monday, May 2, 2016

Cut It Out Monday - Birthday Banner Card

     Hello all. Thanks for joining me today. I know it has been a long break and I am so sorry for that, things just got super busy with rearranging my craft room (which is still not 100% done yet), my family and a baby shower decorations. Things have not totally quieted down but they have gotten to a point where I can start making videos again. I am going to be make decorations for another friend and I can't wait to do that and I will be sharing those with you.

     Anyways on to today's project. So Sunday was my dad's birthday and I wanted to make a fun yet simple card. I really like one of the make it now projects in the Cricut Design Space but it was going to cost $4.99 for the font and I am trying to hold off buying crafty things for at least another month. I was able to make the same thing using the fonts I already had. 
     I use just a standard A2 size card base just using some white cardstock. It's a top folding card. I cut out all of my banner pieces with some light green cardstock from my scarp box and for the letters I used some light blue scraps. The font I used was Cricut Keystone I believe. I used some Tombow Mono to glue the letters to the banner pieces. I then pulled some gray and white twine from my stash and used some Ranger Multi Mat to glue those on to the string. 
     Once those where mostly dry placed the strings on the card base and arranged them so it would hang from top right corner to top left corner (or the other way around depending on which way you want to look at it lol). With the glue on the string I was able to keep it in place just enough so I could use the Ranger Multi Mat to glue down the ends to the card. Once those where dry I trimmed off the over hang and set it aside to completely dry (that took a while the sting was really just absorbing the glue). 
     Once everything was dry I thought it could use something. So I took my Clear Wink of Stella and went over all the letters. I really wanted this card to be masculine but even men (even Fathers) can have a little glitter on their birthdays right.

     Thank you guys so much for joining me. It was so mice to get back into videoing again and making cards. I may still be in a bit of a funk with it but I can feel things starting to get back to normal and I have some card ideas starting to come forward. I hope you have a great Monday and I will see you next time.

Happy Crafting








No comments:

Post a Comment