Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What What Wednesday - Watercoloring Mother's Day Cards

     Hello all how is your Wednesday going? I feel like my day is just running a way with out me. It has been a long week and we are only half way through. I am hoping that this weekend will be a fun relaxing weekend but I am not going to bet on that.

      I finally got around to making a palette for my peerless watercolor. So with mother's day here I thought it would be fun to play around with them. I wanted to not only make a card for my mother but for my mother in law as well as one of my best friends. I pulled out Lawn Fawns Flutter By stamp set as well as Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiments Banners. I used the open flower and butterfly for all three cards. I first stamped out the flower and butterfly onto some watercolor paper using archival black ink. Each card got a different color butterfly and matching flowers. I also did different layouts for each card. I watercolored everything first then used the matching dies to cut out the flowers and butterflies.  

         For the first card I decided I wanted to have kinda a peachy orange and yellow colored butterfly and flowers. I took my memento green markers to draw on the stems for this card. I then did some second generation stamping with a leaf from the same stamp set. I then stamped out with Versafine ink sentiment from Simon Says Stamps Mothers day stamp set onto some yellow cardstock that i die cut from the largest banner die. I glued everything down with either tombow mono or ranger multi mat (I went back and forth a lot between the two). I glued them all down to an A2 side folded size card.


     For the inside of this card I used a sentiment from the same SSS set also using versafine ink. I then glued down the butterfly in the corner. This card is for my mother in law.

     This card I turned it into a top folding card and just laid out the flowers in a line. I colored these with two different shades of blue and a purple. I then die cut the same size banner as the first card just with blue cardstock and stamped out Happy Mother's Day with versafine ink too. Glued them all down with the same glues.
     I left the inside of this blank since I did have a mother's day sentiment for a friend. I added the butterfly in the corner as well. 

     For my last card I wanted to make a bouquet on this side folding card. I first decided how I wanted the flowers to look and made some light marks so I knew where the flowers would be and can stamp out the leafs. I stamped out the leafs using some memento green inks. I then glued the flowers in place. I took the medium size banner from Lawn Fawn banner die set with light green cardstock. I stamped out the sentiment on this with versafine too. 
     I also stamped the inside sentiment with versafine as well and added the butterfly inside too. This card is going to my mother.

     Thank you so much for joining me for today's cards. I hope everyone has a great rest of your week and a wonderful Mother's Day weather you are a mother be celebrated or a child celebrating your mother. To all the single fathers out there even though this day is for mom I don't want to leave you out. You work just as hard being the mom and dad to your children(s).


Happy Crafting


Supplies



No comments:

Post a Comment