Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Baby Shower Nameplate

Hello everyone. Sorry there was no video or anything last week i was getting things ready so we could head out of town for the weekend. Hubby was able to go with us so that meant no one would be home to clean (even though it really should have been done anyways lol).

On to this project. This is something I saw on Pinterest and it is going to be a 2 part project. I had most of this stuff on hand already it was just a matter of finding the letters and picking out all the detail stuff. This was a day project once I started working on it but I did take a week and a half from finding everything to finish. The only thing left to do (other than the second project) is to figure out how I want the to hang it.
I got the plaque at Micheals and the letters fro Joann's. I painted the plaque with just some white paint I had in my garage. The letter I used some light purple paper (the same purple I am using for the shower) to cover them but did not like the look of the wood on the edges so I used a acrylic paint from Michaels (lilac dust is the color) for the sides but goofed and got some on the paper so I used some Lilac Mist paint color which matched the paper to cover up where I goofed. I gave them 3 coats just to insure a nice coverage. I then (after 24 hours drying time) went over the letters with my clear Wink of Stella glitter. I glued them down with my quick-dry adhesive. I used some ribbon from my stash that was the perfect size for the edges and just some flower bling for the corners.

The standing monkey is from Create a Critter. I just made him 1.5 inches tall added the earrings and bow just like on the bigger monkeys. I then added a flower for just a little some special.

I am hoping to get part two done here in the next week or so (my oldest is off this week for spring break so i might let them help me prep). Thank you so much for joining me.

Happy Crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment