Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What What Wednesday -Easter Project #2 - Dinosaur Easter Egg Hunt Card

     Well it's Wednesday again and you know what that means. Time for another What What Wednesday post. I never really did any Easter cards or projects before but the creative juices started flowing and I cant wait to share them all with you.

     Today I have a card for you and let me just say this turned out amazing. I not only used a stamp set not normal associated with Easter but I also found while making it that this would also make a great baby card.

      It's it cute. I didn't have any Easter type stamps so I looked through the Stamps set I had and the only one I had with an egg was the Critters from the Past by Lawn Fawn and thought this would be a great way to think out side the box (or in this case the egg lol). I stamped out all the eggs with the same inks I used for the images and colored them with the same copic markers. For the background I used the B0000 to give a little color with out taking away from the images (or washing to the T-Rex)

      Let's start from the bottom just for a nice change. I wanted to make this card with out using any dies but when I was deciding on placement I really wanted to hind some of the eggs behind the grass but could not figure out how to do that by stamping out the grass from Critters on the Savanna so I used the Grassy Border Die from Lawn Fawn. I first sponged on some Memento New Sprout and a little Memento Cottage Ivy. Once it was die cut I used the the grass stamp and did some first and second generation stamping using the same two inks for a little some extra. I stamped out 9 eggs in total and put 6 of them on the ground behind the grass. I used all the same copic markers from the dinosaurs for the eggs too. For the hill I just free hand cut that after sponging on the same two green colors. I did use a little G19 and then sponge over that with a bit of the Cottage Ivy to give it more depth. I then just used Tombow Mono to glue everything down.I used the ink pads to cover up some of the white of the cardstock after cutting out the images. This was a bit of a struggle up really like the way it made them look.

     I used just a few colors through out this whole card. I stamped out the brontosaurs using Memento Angel Pink Ink for a softer look the black. I then colored it with  RV0000, RV000 and RV00. I then took my 0.03 Copic Multi Liner and add the eye, nose and mouth since those got a little lost. I fussy cut it out. This egg is colored with B00 for the main body and the dots are colored with B0000. 

     For the pterodactyl I stamped it with Memento Lulu Lavender ink. I took V000, V00 and V01 to color it in and again used the same copic multi liner for the eyes, nose and mouth. I then took an egg colored with RV00 and RV0000 and glued it on to its back. I then used some foam tape to pop it up so it looks more like its flying.

     For the T-Rex I used Memento Summer Sky and then took B0000, B000 and B00 to color it in. I used V01 and V000 for the egg. I tucked it in behind him so it looks like his is either trying to surprise the others or hind it from them. I used the same multi liner on this one too. Glued him down with Tombow Mono.

     Once everything was glued down I used some foam squares to pop up the panel on to the card base. It's a A2 size top holding card base. I used my We Are Memory Keepers 1/8 corner rounder for the panel as well as that card base. I didn't give it any sentiment most because I did have one and was having a hard time coming up with a fun one so I just left it blank front and inside.

     As you could see if you just leave off the eggs this would be a really cute card for a baby shower or even as a congratulation on the new baby type card. I not only like the fact that I found a great color combo for baby cards but that this is just a fun Easter card that's not the normal type. Thank you guys so much for joining me and I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Happy Crafting



Supplies






No comments:

Post a Comment