Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Card #5

Hello everyone.  Don't know about you but I think my Christmas shopping is done (with the exception of some stocking stuffers). I just have to get everything wrapped and hidden again for the kids and husband. This year went very smoothly in the way of shopping my husband did most of it for the kids. I just picked up a few things that I saw for them which is now very hard to do since my youngest (she is 4) can't keep a secret.
 
Any who lets more on to the next card in my Christmas card series. I knew on this card I didn't want to use a stamped image but was not sure what to use, do I use my Cricut or just a card with only a sentiment on it. Then while I was watching cartoons with my youngest the showed a overhead view of a snowman and thought that's it I know what I am going to do. This is what it turned out like and I just love it.
I started with a black card base (I really wanted the other colors to pop). I used some Blue Snowflakes paper from Hot off the Press for the front. I then took my Standard Circles Large Dies from Spellbinder and just started with the biggest one then skipped to the third largest then the second smallest of the dies. I used some white shiny scrap card stock for the body and for the mouth I just used my smallest circle punch and punched out the circle then punched that circle to get the grin. I did have to cheat for his arms (I could not seem to draw them at all). I found a snowman online with the arms I liked the printed that out and cut and traced to get these. I happen to have some small black dots sitting on my table from a punch and I free handed the nose. 
I used my Paper Smooches Snowflake Die and Martha Stewart Snowflake punch along with some extras snowflakes I already had punched out and just let them fall on the card. I used the Let It Snow sentiment from Amy R's Christmas Sentiments 2 stamp set with Brilliance Graphite Black ink then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Once the embossing was cool  and I was happy with the snowflakes placement I just used some Glossy Accents to hold the down.
For the inside I used my Martha Stewart Snowflake deep edge trim punch to give it a nice boarder. I also used the circle die on plan white cardstock then just used some left over blue snowflake paper down the middle and stamped the sentiment on it use graphite black ink and heat embossing it. 
 
That's it. I think this is just a fun card that even my kids would have loved to help make.
 
Thanks for joining me and look for my next card.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Happy Crafting
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment